Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Destruction and Tears.

A surprising number of people (ok, it was 2 people. and one was my friend.) wrote me and asked why I hadn't blogged in over a week. The answer was this:

The hard drive on my 2 year old Mac Powerbook G4 died. I am not sure if it was suicide or a natural death, but that does not matter now. What matters is that I lost almost everything. I lost all my emails. I lost all my bookmarks. I lost a lot of writing, and most of the files I use to run my business. Many of these files were complex Excel spreadsheets that had been honed over the past two years into weapons of mass organization.

Luckily, I had some of the stuff backed up. However, this has been a very demoralizing event. I want to cry. I have to start from scratch in so many different areas that I think it might be easier to just never turn the fucking computer on again. I can't even log onto any of the websites I remember going to, since all my passwords are gone! This sucks...

Back up your data you bastards!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was definitely a suicide.