Sunday, March 18, 2007

YXYXYX

ugly pie is in my eye
i don't know why it's in my eye
but it sure is ugly pie.

(Upon further reflection, I have come to learn why there was ugly pie in my eye. I was initially sceptical of just how ugly the pie was and so, with curiosity beating out better judgment, instinct and divine intervention, I approached the pie. Now only a few feet away, the pie was as ugly as ever. Still disbelieving, I decided to get an even closer look. I crept so close to the ugly pie that I soon had my face buried in it. I was marooned on the pie like an ancient mariner who lets the beautiful siren song guide his ship to ruin. The pie was the rock. My face was the ship. And not long after I came to my senses did I then realize that aside from having ugly pie in my stomach, in my hair, my nose, my mouth and ears, I also had ugly pie in my eye.

How silly of me - how could I have forgotten about something like that! In retrospect, it seems pretty obvious to me why there was ugly pie in my eye . Another day, another life lesson.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How foolish can you be?
Everyone knows that, when it comes to ugly pies, they are always as ugly as they first appear and there is no need to be skeptical and get an ugly-as-hell pie in your eye.
I weep for you, O Foolish One, for you fell for the tricky deceptions of an ugly pie with a hankering for an eye. WOE!

Dill Weed said...

You are correct. Woe is me, for I now only have use of one eye!!! All this because I foolishly ignored the lessons of my ancestors and fell for the oldest ugly pie trick in the book.

I am saddened. I am ashamed. I have ugly pie all over my face and head and hair. There is even some on the floor. My girlfriend will not be happy with me. She might poke me in the other eye, and then all hope will be lost...